The Stoneridge Preschool is sponsored by the Stoneridge Covenant Church and is an outreach ministry of the Church. We have served families of our area since 1975. The preschool does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or national origin.
Programs are offered for 3, 4 and 5 year olds, and are the lowest prices in the Shaler area! There are no extra “hidden” fees other than occasional field trips.
- Due to low enrollment for the 2016-2017 school year, the preschool program is combining our 3, 4, and 5 year olds. Class for all students will be held on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 noon. The curriculum will not be compromised and will remain age appropriate. The cost of the program is $125/month.
- Registration for the 2017-2018 Preschool is open. We are accepting children any time. Download the 2017-18 Registration Form (at the bottom of the page.)
Click HERE for the May 2017 Preschool Newsletter.
Click HERE for the May, 2017 Calendar for the Beginners
Click HERE for the May, 2017 Calendar for the Pre-K
The philosophy and goals of Stoneridge Preschool are:
- To enhance the overall development – intellectual, social, emotional, physical and spiritual – of the preschool age child
- To promote self-esteem, self-confidence and self-worth
- To increase the child’s awareness of his/her individuality and uniqueness.
- To encourage creativity, self-expression, sharing, taking turns and caring for others in a positive, non-threatening environment.
- To instill in the preschool child that he/she is special and that their ideas and feelings are valuable.
The Stoneridge Preschool Program are developmental in nature. Intellectual and physical development is stressed in our readiness activities, art projects, music and creative movement activities, and free play. Special attention is given to the preschool child’s social and emotional growth. This is accomplished through encouraging creative and imaginative group and indepedent play, by stressing sharing, taking turns, friendships, working together, and by providing various opportunities for self expression. Spiritual growth evolves through our prayer times before our daily snack, through songs and through discussing evidences of God’s love and care in our lives. The child becomes more aware of and develops sensitivity to the rights and needs of others in his/her expanding world. Our daily program includes group and independent free play, singing, rhymes and finger play, readiness activities, art projects, water play, prayers, snacks, large motor skill activities and story time. Field trips, special guests and holiday and birthday parties round out the child’s total preschool experiences.
- Beginner Program: This is designed to treat three year old as three year old. Socialization and positive attitude towards others is stressed. Patience and taking turns are demonstrated by teachers and students alike. Tasks are age appropriate – i.e. counting, rhymes, colors and shapes are accomplished on an informal basis. 3 year old students need to be potty-trained before enrolling.
- Pre-K Program: This is a progressive step leading to the kindergarten experience. More emphasis is placed on readiness skills and concepts. Alphabet letters and their beginning sounds are introduced. Counting, number recognition and one-to-one relationships are stressed along with visual discrimination skills, rhyming sounds, colors and shapes. The Preschool Weekly Reader is used as a teaching and discussion tool.
Download the 2017-18 Registration Form here: Preschool Registration Form