Email for tuition questions: email@example.com
The Stoneridge Preschool is sponsored by the Stoneridge Covenant Church and is an outreach ministry of the church. We have served families of our area since 1975. The preschool does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or national origin.
Programs are offered for 3, 4 and 5 year olds, and are the lowest prices in the Shaler area! There are no extra “hidden” fees other than occasional field trips.
- The two day a week program (Tuesday & Thursday) is for children aged 3 by September 1st the year they enter the preschool. The cost of the 2 day program is $100/month.
- The three day a week program (Monday, Wednesday & Friday) is for children ages 4 and 5 by August 20th the year they enter the preschool. The cost of the 3 day program is $130/month. Both programs are excellent Kindergarten preparation experiences!
Click HERE for the April Newsletter 2018-2019 school year
Click HERE for the April 2019 Calendar for the 2-Day class
Click HERE for the April 2019 Calendar for the 3-Day class
The philosophy and goals of Stoneridge Preschool are:
- To enhance the overall development – intellectual, social, emotional, physical and spiritual – of the preschool age child
- To promote self-esteem, self-confidence and self-worth
- To increase the child’s awareness of his/her individuality and uniqueness.
- To encourage creativity, self-expression, sharing, taking turns and caring for others in a positive, non-threatening environment.
- To instill in the preschool child that he/she is special and that their ideas and feelings are valuable.
The Stoneridge Preschool Programs are developmental in nature. Intellectual and physical development is stressed in our readiness activities, art projects, music and creative movement activities, and free play. Special attention is given to the preschool child’s social and emotional growth. This is accomplished through encouraging creative and imaginative group and independent play, by stressing sharing, taking turns, friendships, working together, and by providing various opportunities for self expression. Spiritual growth evolves through our prayer times before our daily snack, through songs and through discussing evidences of God’s love and care in our lives. The child becomes more aware of and develops sensitivity to the rights and needs of others in his/her expanding world. Our daily program includes group and independent free play, singing, rhymes and finger play, readiness activities, art projects, water play, prayers, snacks, large motor skill activities and story time. Field trips, special guests and holiday and birthday parties round out the child’s total preschool experiences.
- 2-Day Program: This is designed to treat three year old as three year old. Socialization and positive attitude towards others is stressed. Patience and taking turns are demonstrated by teachers and students alike. Tasks are age appropriate – i.e. counting, rhymes, colors and shapes are accomplished on an informal basis. 3 year old students need to be potty-trained before enrolling.
- 3-Day Program: This is a progressive step leading to the kindergarten experience. More emphasis is placed on readiness skills and concepts. Alphabet letters and their beginning sounds are introduced. Counting, number recognition and one-to-one relationships are stressed along with visual discrimination skills, rhyming sounds, colors and shapes. The Preschool Weekly Reader is used as a teaching and discussion tool.