- We are a church that strives to love God, love others, and make disciples of Christ.
- Our church family consists of people from all walks of life and from various religious backgrounds. Whether you come from a Catholic, Methodist, Lutheran, Presbyterian or any other denomination, or even from a background not affiliated with any church, you will find a church family that is eager to serve you and encourage you in every way.
- Among the primary ministries of worship, fellowship, discipleship, outreach, and service, we are a church family that cares for one another. There’s always something happening for kids, teens, dads & moms, and singles alike.
- We are an established church with a contemporary feel. A new addition was added in 1997.
- The church currently has an interim pastor.
- In certain ways, we consider Stoneridge as one of the best kept secrets in the North Hills of Pittsburgh area!
- Our friendship, our ministries, and God’s hope and peace awaits you.
Who we are as a church congregation:
- We are part of the Evangelical Covenant Church. The ECC is a denomination of more than 850 churches in the United States and Canada. It was founded in 1885. Since the early days of the ECC, we have been committed to working together to share the Good News of Jesus Christ.
- The ECC emphasizes the Bible’s witness to new life in Christ expressed in a day to day walk with Jesus.
- The ECC is one of the fastest-growing denominations in the country. We have now recorded 20 consecutive years of church growth. There are now a total of 875 ECC churches nation-wide.
- The ECC is aggresive in church planting. On average, a new EC church is planted every 2-3 weeks around the country.
- ECC congregations around the country are now 30% multi-ethnic, testifying to the wide scope of God’s kingdom.
- We are evangelical, but not exclusive; biblical, but not doctrinaire; traditional, but not rigid in our worship and practice of faith; congregational, but not independent.
The most important thing we have to offer as a local church body is an invitation to experience new life in Christ. In the Bible we learn that God gives new life to any person who trust Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. A trusting personal relationship with Jesus is all that is needed to be a Christian. When new members join a Covenant church, they are asked two questions about belief: “Do you confess Jesus Christ as your Savior and promise to follow him as Lord?” and “Do you accept the Holy Scriptures, the Old and New Testaments, as the word of God and the only perfect rule for faith, doctrine, and conduct?” That’s all. That is enough.
All are welcome here at Stoneridge. We are here to encourage you, support you, and help you discover the joy of knowing Christ and growing in your faith! Give us a call if you want to chat: 412-486-7778.
- Sunday School & Adult Spiritual Formation classes meet each Sunday at 9:15 a.m. (No Sunday School for June, July, and August.)
- Summer Worship takes place at 10:00 a.m. Communion is served the 1st Sunday of each month. Potluck dinners take place the 2nd Sundays of each month (most of the time!).