Stoneridge Church is a place where people are encouraged and made to feel at home. It is also a place where the joy of our faith is experienced, and our lives encouraged. When people discover our church, these are the most common questions that are asked. Provided are our responses to these great questions.
- What time are your Sunday ministries? For the summer (Memorial Day weekend-Labor Day weekend), worship is at 10:00 a.m. From September-May, our Sunday School and Adult Spiritual Formation classes meet each Sunday morning at 9:15 a.m. Worship Service begins immediately after at 10:30. All of our services are informal, and consist of a blend of contemporary and traditional. Come as you are!
- Does Stoneridge believe in the Bible as God’s Word? Yes indeed! We hold to a high view of Scripture, and firmly believe that God’s Word, both Old and New Testaments, is the only perfect rule for faith, doctrine,and conduct. Our view on the authority of Scripture is part of our larger position on the “Affirmation of Faith.”
- Does Stoneridge belong to a denomination? We belong to the Evangelical Covenant Church. We are one of the fastest growing evangelical denominations in the country. We plant a new church every 2-3 weeks on average all around the country. Our denomination consists of urban, suburban, and rural churches. We have two other ECC churches in the Pittsburgh area (Cityview – on the Northside, and Keystone Center of Life – in Hazelwood).
- Does Stoneridge have an active children & youth group? During the school calendar year, we have Sunday School for children, youth, and adults. Our children’s ministry also includes “Kid’s Korners” and Children’s Church each Sunday morning. Our Children’s Church ministry is for 4-10 year old children. They are dismissed from the sanctuary about half-way through the service, generally following Scripture reading and before the message. We hold Vacation Bible School each summer, and encourage our children and youth to attend our summer camping program run by our Conference. Our Youth Group (called “Impact“) meets regularly through the year on Sunday nights. We have both a Jr. High and Sr. High ministry.
- Is there a nursery for my younger children during the worship service? Yes, we have a new nursery right next to the church sanctuary. We welcome that you come with your small children. The nursery has a speaker in it so that you can still hear the service if you want.
- Is there a place for me at Stoneridge if I am a single? Yes, you will feel most welcome here! There are ways for you to connect with others, finding meaningful relationships of encouragement.
- Can I participate in the life of the church as a non-member? We welcome all to be part of our ministries. You do not need to be an official member of our congregation in order to participate in worship, Life Groups (small group Bible Studies), and Holy Communion (we have an open Table for all who profess Christ as their Savior and Lord).
- How does one become a member of the church? Membership classes are offered on a regular basis. Membership requires that a person attend a membership class, professes Christ as Savior, and is regular in worship and the life of the church.
- Do you have a leadership team in place? Yes, members serve on what we call the “Church Council.” These are leadership positions that oversee the primary ministries of the church.
If you have any other questions about our church, denomination, or ministries, feel free to call the church office (412-486-7778).